Howtoencourage

Thursday, July 14, 2011

ENCOURAGEMENT TO FACE YOUR FEARS

My brother Paul wrote an amazing little book for his four children. It's called Life Lessons I've Learned and want to pass on to my kids. Now he's been through some tough circumstances in his life and wants to encourage his kids how to handle those tough times we are all sure to have.

One of the most encouraging paragraphs talks about facing down our fears. He says, "One of my business mentors taught me, when facing challenging circumstances or major decisions, to always write down and think through all of the possible worst case scenarios. Then he encouraged me to spend the energy to literally put myself into each scenario and process through living out the worst case reality. It made me realize that I would survive anything my mind was worried about. Once you can convince your mind that you can get through anything no matter what happens, you are ready to take that next big step. Who knows, it may be that next step that leads to you achieving your dream!

"He who is not every day conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life." Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone loves it when people come together and share thoughts.
Great blog, continue the good work!

Feel free to visit my site :: http://classes.biodiv.tw/user/view.php?id=51096&course=1

Anonymous said...

Hello very nice blog!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Superb .
. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds also?
I'm satisfied to search out numerous useful info here in the publish, we want develop extra strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

Visit my webpage stevetuf.com

Anonymous said...

Hey there! This is my first visit to your blog!
We are a team of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same
niche. Your blog provided us valuable information to work on.
You have done a marvellous job!

My web blog :: magie voyance